EAP session matching the State variable.

Sebastian Heil s3b0 at gmx.de
Fri Feb 8 11:35:23 CET 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:53:48 +0100
> Von: Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
> Betreff: Re: EAP session matching the State variable.

> Norbert Wegener wrote:
> > With 2.0.0 sometimes I get this error message, that I have not seen
> before:
>
>   Much of the EAP code was edited in 2.0.  It was extensively tested,
> but apparently there are still issues.  That's what happens when
> changing working code, I guess...
>
> > rlm_eap: No EAP session matching the State variable.
>
>   Is this happening inside of a PEAP tunnel?
>
> > rlm_eap: Either EAP-request timed out OR EAP-response to an unknown
> > This does not sound good, as there is no real load on the server and the
> > same client will be authenticated some time later without
> > configurational changes.
> >
> > If neccessary, I can provide the long log.
>
>   That would help...
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Hmm, i have the same error in 2.0.1.
i did kind of a eap-tls-stress-test with a perl script based on the rad_eap_test script. there are a lot of "login oks" in my log-file, but about 5-10% are "login incorrect" with the same error-message as above.

i did three stress-tests... here the result:

Login OK      Login incorrect
5290	      281
3556	      448
1986	      14