"Acct-Status-Type FAILED" for SQL backend, are SQL actions customizable now?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Fri Feb 8 16:10:09 CET 2008

Hi, as user of OpenSer I do radius accounting using MySQL backend.

For non established calls (busy, not found, cancelled...) OpenSer generates:
  "Acct-Status-Type 15"

RFC2866 says:
  "15  Reserved for Failed"

But FreeRadius doesn't support FAILED action using SQL accounting (that would
be "accounting_failed_query", but requires source patching).

I read a thread [1] about this exactly issue in which Alan DeKok says:

  "On the good side, we plan on making some changes to the SQL module
   that make the patch unnecessary, but will still have the functionality
   you want."

So the actions would be customizable via editing sql.conf file, with no need
of patching code.

This thread is from November 2006, is it already implemented? in that case,
which versions do include it? what about Debian packages?

Thanks a lot for any response.

[1] http://www.openser.org/pipermail/devel/2006-November/004375.html

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo