help in basic configuration in connection mysql with freeradius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Feb 8 16:39:06 CET 2008

Hi,

> hi,
>     I am trying to use mysql database with free radius 2.0.0 for the first
> time. I am using centOS 4.5 and mysql 4.1.2.The authentication works fine if
> I am using the unix username and password.  I modified some configurations
> in radiusd.conf and sql.conf but it doesn't work. Please tell me the most
> basic steps to configure freeradius with mysql.
> Here is the log file while running in debugging mode:

home-built with no sign of SQL activity in the log file.  so. did the server build with mysql support?

what errors were thrown during the ./configure stage?

eg

./configure --with-whatever-arguments | grep WARNING

you will need mysql-devel package installed to build mysql support
into the system

alan