Calling-Station-Id in pam_radius_auth

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Feb 13 09:54:38 CET 2008

Hi,

a somewhat sophisticated problem: in a mail server, we'd like to record the IP
address of the client that triggered the IMAP authentication request. The
IMAP server uses PAM, specifically pam_radius_auth.

Is there a way to tell pam_radius_auth to send a value in Calling-Station-Id?
Is there a way at all to send variables to PAM at all, to be used for setting
Calling-Station-Id within pam_radius_auth?
We could also live with getting the value into PAM and then setting it into
client_id= if Calling-Station-Id is not possible; string mangling on the
server side would do nicely. Something like
client_id=@{SOME_STRANGE_PAM_ITEM_WHICH_CONTAINS_MY_DESIRED_VALUE} as an
option to pam_radius_auth?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg