Including files in from the dictionary files

Wesley Schwengle wesley.schwengle at orange-ftgroup.com
Thu Feb 14 18:41:33 CET 2008

All,

I have a question regarding including files.

In the radiusd.conf I can include a file:

$INCLUDE /path/to/file
$INCLUDE ${prefix}/file

However, in the dictionary file I cannot use ${prefix}:

Errors reading dictionary: dict_init:
/opt/freeradius-1.1.5/etc/raddb/dictionary[6]: Couldn't open dictionary
"${prefix}/share/freeradius/dictionary.erx": No such file or directory

Error: Errors reading dictionary: dict_init:
/opt/freeradius-1.1.7/etc/raddb/dictionary[6]: Couldn't open dictionary
"${prefix}/share/freeradius/dictionary.erx": No such file or directory

I guess this is normal behaviour, but can anyone explain me why this
behaviour is present?

Cheers,
Wesley