proxed EAP and eduroam project

inverse inverse at ngi.it
Mon Feb 18 11:05:28 CET 2008

hi all,

rather than a problem, this is a question.
I assume you know what eduroam is, but just in case:
What is eduroam

eduroam which stands for Education Roaming, is a RADIUS-based
infrastructure that uses 802.1X security technology to allow for
inter-institutional roaming. Substitute institutional with
'university' and you get the picture.
So basically this is a hierarchy of radius servers at european level.

Implementing it from my side (that of a university) has been rather trivial.
What happens is that the EAP conversation traverls in cleartext across
the public internet (really the inter-university networks).
I would assume that EAP-TLS is highly safe from this point of view, am I right?

Bye
Inverse

--
"In a sea of glass shards, I hear you screaming"
--icchan