SMUX not registering with FreeRadius 1.1.7 and SNMP 5.1.2 after radiusd -X

shrinivas alageri salageri at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 18 22:16:07 CET 2008

Hello

    I wanted to integrate SMUX aith FreeRadius with above version.

    Tried the steps

    1)Compiling FreeRadius with snmp option
    2. modified the freeradius snmp.conf file to include

smux_password = verysecret

2. modified the radiusd.conf file with

snmp = yes
$INCLUDE ${confdir}/snmp.conf

3. modified the net-snmp snmpd.conf file to include

smuxpeer = 1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1 verysecret

4. started the radiusd and snmpd daemons.

When I do an 'snmpwalk -v1 -c public localhost system' I get the system
info from the MIB (as expected).

  When I do radiusd -X no SMUX message is displayed

  Please help

  Thanks

  Shrinivas