Unable to connect to data source

johnson elangbam elangbamjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 14:31:16 CET 2008

hi,
    I am trying to connect Ms SQL with free radius, I've configure all the
related packages like freeTDS and unixodbc , and both of the package work
well when I test using "tsql" and "isql". But when I try to link with free
radius, the following errors shows.Please tell what might be the proble for
the following errors.

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_unixodbc (module rlm_sql_unixodbc) loaded and
linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to adore at MSSQL:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_unixodbc #0
rlm_sql_unixodbc: SQL down 08001 [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to
connect to data source
rlm_sql_unixodbc: Connection failed
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect to any SQL server.
 Module: Checking preacct {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Linked to module rlm_acct_unique
 Module: Instantiating acct_unique

With Regards
Elangbam Johnson