'Idle-Timeout' and the 'Acct-Session-Time' argument

GNULinuxSlackware gnulinuxslackware at free.fr
Sun Feb 24 10:04:00 CET 2008

2008/2/23, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>:
> GNULinuxSlackware wrote:
>  > There is a radius database with a lot of tables :
>  > -radgroupreply
>  > I can insert into the
>  >  'Idle-Timeout' argument.
>

>   Do you know what that does?

Yes when I set the 'Idle-Timeout' to a value (in seconds) the user
will be automatically disconnected after the time if he doesn't use
the Internet connection. I have tried and it works perfectly.

>  > -radacct
>  > I can read the 'Acct-Session-Time' argument which give me the session
>  > time for each user who is logged out.
>

>   Yes.  And this has little or nothing to do with Idle-Timeout.
>

>  > How to update automatically the 'Acct-Session-Time' argument when
>  > there is an 'Idle-Timeout'?
>

>   That question makes no sense.

Sorry I thought my question was good.

>   What do you think Idle-Timeout means?  What do you think it does?

The 'Idle-Timeout' allow me to set a value (in seconds), the user will
be automatically disconnected after the time if he doesn't use the
Internet connection.

>   What do you think Acct-Session-Timeout means?  What do you think it does?

This is the time between the session start and the session stop for each user.
When there is a log off, the session timeout is updated because we
have the 2 values :
-start connexion
-stop connexion

>   Alan DeKok.

You can learn more about these 2 arguments in :
http://www.chillispot.info/features.html#mozTocId254514

Can you explain me why chen a user is disconnected automatically by
the 'Idle-Timeout' value, the ' Acct-Session-Timeout' isn't updated?

--
Samson PIERRE
http://yugiohjcj.free.fr/

[Licence Pro]