'Idle-Timeout' and the 'Acct-Session-Time' argument

GNULinuxSlackware gnulinuxslackware at free.fr
Sun Feb 24 12:56:10 CET 2008

2008/2/24, Liran Tal <liran at enginx.com>:
> Pierre,
>
> So you are indeed looking for an Idle-Timeout, in this case how do you know
> that it doesn't work? how can you be sure that your NAS is supposed to send
> the Idle-Timeout at all?
>
> I am talking about tests that you should do.
>  Taking the basic scenario - you authenticate and surf to google.com,
> you then don't do anything for the 60 seconds time period which you defined
> for Idle-Timeout and expect to be disconnected, right?
>  But the fact that you haven't touched your computer doesn't mean it's been
> idle. It is possible that your browser refreshes the page automatically
> every 30 seconds,
> maybe some windows update software is running in the background, maybe some
> DNS
>  records are resolving, maybe you have an IM software in the background
> doing it's
> stuff...
>
> Get my point?

Yes I understand. Maybe it check only if new HTTP request are done.
But the problem isn't here because it works fine.
After the Idle-Timeout I need to be relogged to access to the Internet.
I just want tu update the session time value when there is an
Idle-Timeout for the user.

The session has an infinite time because the user need to log out
using the Chillispot "log out" link on the pop-up. I would like the
user doesn't need to clic on the link.
Can we do this?