PEAP LDAP password problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 26 10:59:38 CET 2008

Alexey Eronko wrote:
> Thanks for you replay.
>
> According with this link :
> http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html.
>
> I need EAP-GTC.

  Huh?  How did you conclude that?

  All you need to do is to put the NT hash into LDAP, as you said.  You
do NOT need to use EAP-GTC.

> I'm not sure that my Proxim AP700 support this kind of EAP.

  Access points don't care about EAP methods.

> Is this suitable method for WIFI network?
> I still want to use user/password authentication for windows users thought
> openLDAP(crypt) password.

  You don't.  You put the NT hash into the OpenLDAP database.

> How can I make sure that my Access Point can use EAP-GTC?

  Access points don't do EAP.  Supplicants use EAP.

> Or the only one way that I need is move to Windows Radius(IAS)?

  I have no idea why you think that will help.  The web page I pointed
you to says *nothing* about operating systems or RADIUS server
implementations.

  If you have crypt'd passwords then you CANNOT do normal PEAP.  Moving
to Windows will make no difference.