Authentication type (ldap, users, etc) per client or user?

falz darkfalz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:13:19 CET 2008

Hello,

I have a FreeRADIUS server working properly with an LDAP backend. I've
brought some user config into the 'users' file for a legacy system
we're migrating to this server. However, I cannot seem to find the
appropriate way to have FreeRADIUS map clients to a specific
authentication type. In my example I want everything to use LDAP,
except one client to use the legacy 'users' file syntax.

The closest example to this that I can find is here:
https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2005-April/043218.html

However, this deals with multple LDAP instances, and it does not like
syntax of my chaning:

files { }

to:

files foo {}

and the other steps that seem logical when looking at the above. Is
there any way to do this off of a single FreeRADIUS install? Any
suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,
--falz