(was latest CVS 2.0) - logging issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jan 5 02:32:18 CET 2008

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> ha! a lot HAS been changing. damn. you are right. how did
> i miss that fundamental change to the log {} section. ???

  It got changed fairly recently.

> there was another post by someone else on this list a while back
> about latest CVS being more quiet than the old. perhaps this needs
> to be highlighted a little better - perhaps have somehting in the
> startup parser that can detect these old legacy configs and spew
> out a warning?

  I just updated the code so that the parsing of entries is re-arranged
a bit.  It means that old configurations with "log_foo" will still use
*those* definitions.  So other people with the same kind of config won't
suddenly see the logs get quieter.

> we havea small oddity
>
> log_destination = files
>
> surely this should also be cleared into the log {} stanza? eg

  Likely, yes.

> log {
> destination = files
> }
>
> sorry for the false alert and thanks for the pointer/tip to getting
> this little issue sorted.

  It's a usability issue that was easy to fix.