PEAP help!

Dave Gibelli dgibelli at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 6 17:31:47 CET 2008

All

Here is a snippet from radiusd -X

I just want mschap to allow the user on without checking the password,
but I cannot work out where to configure freeradius to allow access
without checking the password.

All I want to do is place the port into the correct vlan. (I assume I
have to use PEAP with XP.)

  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 6
  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
  rlm_eap: EAP/mschapv2
  rlm_eap: processing type mschapv2
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group MS-CHAP for request 6
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
  rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for daveg with NT-Password
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
  modcall[authenticate]: module "mschap" returns reject for request 6
modcall: leaving group MS-CHAP (returns reject) for request 6

Dave