Error on radius

Ackbar Joolia ackbar.joolia at bglobalplc.com
Mon Jan 7 13:52:04 CET 2008

Thanks Alan, will try this.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 07 January 2008 12:40
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Subject: Re: Error on radius

Hi,
> Thanks Alan,
> We are using SQL for authentication and accounting - do you think this could be the issue?
>
> I could potentially have thousands of requests coming in almost simultaneously, is this going to be too much for the process to handle?

i dont know how good your SQL database is - specification or throughput
capability etc.  have you done benchmarks?   I would personally suggest
that you use the sqlrelay method for the accounting to stop the threads
being caught in accounting processes - as accounting causes update/write
to SQL which is a performance hit (compared to authentication which is just
usually a read)

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html