I can't get 'access-accept' from Linux clients

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jan 10 20:19:46 CET 2008

Hi,
> I can't still figure it out why I can't access from Linux clients.
> I use version 1.1.7 of freeradius. Linux client is a Fedora 8 system.

what is the linux client config?

i see the following in your debug

  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
  rlm_eap: EAP/md5
  rlm_eap: processing type md5
rlm_eap_md5: User-Password is required for EAP-MD5 authentication
 rlm_eap: Handler failed in EAP/md5
  rlm_eap: Failed in EAP select
  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns invalid for request 84
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns invalid) for request 84
auth: Failed to validate the user.

i would also advise that you upgrade to 2.0.0 - not only could this
issue be resolves anyway - its a hell of a lof easier to debug - far
less EAP messages!

alan