freeradius and error "can't resolve symbol '__uClibc_start_main"

David Wood david at wood2.org.uk
Sun Jan 13 16:25:04 CET 2008

Hi there,

Thanks for fixing your system (or 'Post' button) so that we don't get
multiple copies of the same message.

In message <3340.5993-22427-546552232-1200231403 at email.cz>,
kaskada at email.cz writes
>I`ve installed freeradius on OpenWRT (http://openwrt.org/) on
>RouterBoard 1xx platform.
>I`m having a problem with running package freeradius_1.1.1-1
>(freeradius_1.1.2-1 does the same error). When I type command "radiusd"
>I get this error:
>

>radiusd: can't resolve symbol '__uClibc_start_main'

This isn't a FreeRADIUS error - this is an OpenWRT problem. Either
there's an error in the package or with the way that you're starting the
server on OpenWRT.

It looks as if radiusd can't find the uclibc shared library. I haven't a
clue how to fix this - asking on the OpenWRT forum would be better than
asking here.

1.1.2 is rather old - if possible, try to get a 1.1.7 or 2.0.0 package.

Best wishes,

David
--
David Wood