radsqlrelay v1.7 on freebsd 6.3

David Wood david at wood2.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 10:28:59 CET 2008

Hi Roy and everyone,

In message <1200289588.14269.19.camel at localhost>, roy
<bandwidth.user at gmail.com> writes
>Application versions that are being used:
>FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE
>p5-DBD-Pg-1.49
>p5-DBI-1.60.1
>postgresql-client-8.1.11
>freeradius-devel-2.0.0.p2
>radsqlrelay v1.7

FreeRADIUS 2.0.0-pre2 is some way behind the released FreeRADIUS 2.0.0.
By the time 2.0.0-pre2 got committed to the FreeBSD ports tree, we were
very close to the 2.0.0 release.

FreeBSD PR ports/119582 contains what should become the net/freeradius2
port for the 2.0.0 release version.

However, radsqlrelay is version 1.7 in the released 2.0.0 as well.

>I'm no real coder myself, hence, the need to seek direction. Any
>necessary change on the script that I need to make?

struct flock has different parameters in FreeBSD's C library - or, more
accurately, the same parameters in a different order - see man 2 fcntl

In /usr/local/bin/radsqlrelay read down a few lines further than you
were looking into sub setlock. Back up the file, then change the my
$packed line to:

my $packed = pack($FLOCK_STRUCT, $start, $len, 0, F_WRLCK, SEEK_SET);

That should be all on one line; it's the same parameters in a different
order.

Then go up to the my $FLOCK_STRUCT line and make the corresponding
change:

my $FLOCK_STRUCT = 'l2is2';

This is *completely* untested - but looks to be more in line with the
FreeBSD man page. If it works, I'll add a rather tidier patch to the
port in due course - one that updates the comments as well.

If this doesn't work, it needs further investigation.

Best wishes,

David
--
David Wood