Hello, and a question.

David W Bell david at chaoscrypt.com
Mon Jan 14 15:20:04 CET 2008

Hi there.

Have used freeRADIUS in the past to authenticate dial-up/ADSL users, but
now have a different implementation problem that requires some input
from this list.

I am working on a Single Sign-On solution to try and give users in the
organisation that I work for, a single username and password.

I am planning on using LDAP for the backend store, as a lot of our
equipment can be configured to use LDAP natively.

However we also have a lot of routers and other network kit that either
talks RADIUS or TACACS+ (or both)

I would like to keep things as simple as possible, so my question is.

Can freeRADIUS provide everything that TACACS+ can so that I need only
install/configure freeRADIUS.

Thanks in advance

David W Bell