Attribute Called-Station-Id not working

PD paul at ranahminang.net
Mon Jan 14 17:24:56 CET 2008

Hi there,

Currently we running FR for our hotspot with multipe Chillispot NAS.

We also create demo accounts for each nas, means demo1 should only work
for nas1 and demo2 should only work for nas2.

For the above purpose, we put attribute Called-Station-Id for each demo
account within radcheck table.

The problem found, the account demo1 still be able to use at nas2 vice
versa.

Here is our radcheck table:
mysql> select * from radcheck where username='demo';
+----+-----------+-------------------+----+-------------------+
| id | UserName  | Attribute         | op | Value             |
+----+-----------+-------------------+----+-------------------+
| 40 | demo      | Auth-Type         | := | Local             |
| 41 | demo      | Password          | == | password          |
| 42 | demo      | Called-Station-Id | := | 00-1A-70-XX-XX-XX |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

We put NAS mac address for Called-Station-Id since radacct also record
the above mac address at column Called-Station-Id.

Perhaps, we miss something at somewhere...

Any suggestion are welcome.

Regards

Paul