SQL query length

Spam Eater spammeatwill at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:24:55 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do a more complicated query for a custom session time
counter, but I am running into problems.
Can someone please answer the following questions?

Problem: When I have the attribute Session-Timeout in the radcheck table, I
get a Segmentation Fault after the query as run, no matter if it returns
results or not.

a) I've noticed that freeradius performs Accounting-Request when this
attribute is set, is this normal?

b) Is there a limit to the sql query length?

c) Is there a limit to the field name, i.e., should I use "SELECT
This_is_a_very_long_field_name_having_ifs_nulls_etc AS ShortFieldName" or is
it irrelevant?

d) The particular query performs a join to another table, may this be the
source of the problem?

e) Is it mandatory that a query returns results?

f) Can I use multiple 'query' in radius.conf, using the values from a first
query to feed the next one?

Thank you !!