SQL query length

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 16 22:20:22 CET 2008

Spam Eater wrote:
> Ok, this is certainly a problem for me. I can't change freeradius
> version (at least not now, maybe in the future) so I assume the only
> option is to 'exec' external scripts to perform more complex queries, am
> I right?

  It's an option, but not the only one.  You can use Perl or Python, too.

>     > f) Can I use multiple 'query' in radius.conf, using the values from a
>     > first query to feed the next one?
>
>      Yes, so long as the output from a query goes into a RADIUS attribute.
>
> Can you please elaborate, Alan, maybe with a small example or pointer to
> documentation?

  There are no variables in the server, so you cannot put values from
one query into another.  There ARE radius attributes.  You can put
values from one query into a radius attribute, and use that attribute in
another query.

  This is much, much, easier in 2.0.  See "man unlang".