Upgrading from 1.0.2 to 2.0.0 problems

William azander at netonecom.net
Wed Jan 16 22:51:11 CET 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 16:39:38 Alan DeKok wrote:
>   Configure... what, exactly?  I think you're getting stuck on trying to
> make particular configurations "work".  You should instead state the
> requirements as clearly as possible.  Odds are that a simple
> configuration will be straightforward.

Fair enough.

What I have is one local radius server.  We will need to proxy later, but for
now, I just want to get local users properly authenticated.

The situation is that we have a lot of legacy users who only enter a username,
without realm information, and passwords for their connections.  Those work
fine.  When newer users enter username at realm for their password I need to
strip off the realm, and authenticate that user.

Our old system used the strip directive to do this.  I cannot figure out how
2.0 does this.  The problem becomes that if they put a different realm on the
username, we will need to either proxy it (later configuration issue, not for
now) or reject it.

We currently use the Linux system password file for authentication, though
that is planned for migration to SQL at a later date.

Wm