Problem with Max-Daily-Session

Gabriele Giuliani g.giuliani at studio16-64.com
Fri Jan 18 17:43:54 CET 2008

As entitled, with my office we have installed at a library town a server
with Ubuntu 7.10, Freeradius and Chilispot to
ensure  wireless navigation to users with their notebooks from the local
library;
The access point is configured without any authentication, anyone can
connect, authentication is performed by the
server radius, which are stored registered users who are entitled to
navigation (etc / freeradius / users), for simplicity
we have not used SQL;
Everything works great: Users come, authentify and happy surfing, what
we fail to do is set the maximum daily
navigation (which in our case should be 2 hours), the Daily-Session-Time
works, after 2 hours of connection users
are disconnected, only they can safely again for another 2 hours, which
we would like to avoid (a maximum of 2 hours
of daily connection); this is our configuration file
(etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf ) of the "counter module":

counter daily {
filename = ${raddbdir}/db.daily
key = User-Name
count-attribute = Acct-Session-Time
reset = daily
counter-name = Daily-Session-Time
check-name = Max-Daily-Session
allowed-servicetype = Framed-User
cache-size = 5000
}

Do we need to set some other parameter somewhere else?

Any advice is welcome

Thanks for the answers :)

--
Gabriele Giuliani