Administering with MySQL DB

Dashamir Hoxha dhoxha at albaniaonline.net
Sat Jan 19 07:32:50 CET 2008

Andy Smith wrote:
> Erm, thanks. But Im trying to work out how I Administer the data in MySQL.
> Are there no utilities for entering data? If I have to enter data manually
> with SQL insert etc can anyone point me at some docs explaining the format
> the information should be in??
There are many applications, depending on what you want to use radius for.
For example I use Radius Manager. It is not free (open source), but it
is also
not expensive. If you have your own application for managing users, it
is not
so difficult to connect it to the database of radius. However you have to
understand first how radius works.

These pages can be useful:
  http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO
  http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sql
  http://wiki.freeradius.org/Operators

However I would advice you to use the latest release, freeradius-2.

Good luck,
Dashamir