rlm_perl build on mac osx

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Sat Jan 19 14:42:18 CET 2008

Info wrote:
>   Alan,
>
> Thanks for your quick response! Yes, I'm aware that apple has included
> FR into Leopard and am curious to see how it works in that version of
> the OS once I move to it eventually. However, for the Tiger users of
> which I'll remain for a while, I'd like to provide ease of installation
> via macports.

FR 1.1.6 is included in leopard with patches from Apple to make it work
with the open directory services/ server admin stuff.

I ran into exactly the same issue as you when attempting to build on
leopard server, works fine on a machine with exactly the same
architecture running tiger...

> Though a build-able 1.1.7 is available via macports right now, it needs
> a patch -- which may be a moot point now that 2.0 is here and it fixes
> the trouble that stripping the binaries (i.e, the INSTALLSTRIP -s
> switch) caused.
>
> I'll look more into the PATH setting for building against 5.10. Perhaps
> adding the PERL5LIB variable in my env will do the trick.
>
> Jim

> James H. Graham II, Creative Director   • *Spark Media Group*
> 6511 Allegheny Avenue • Takoma Park, MD 20912-4737
> Tel: 301.270.4810 • Fax: 301.270.4812 • www.sparkmediagroup.com
> <http://www.sparkmediagroup.com>
>
> On Jan 18, 2008, at 3:19 PM, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
> <mailto:A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> several folk run FreeRADIUS on MacOSX already - and Apple even
> have added code themselves - I believe FR is the fundamental
> EAP system in eg latest airport/timecapsule product (though
> I may be wrong on that aspect of usage! ;-) )

It is, but apple include 1.1.6 not 2.0.0, very few people have attempted
to build FR 2 on leopard server.