upgrade error in 2.0 version

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 21 15:08:33 CET 2008

Gopinath Reddy N wrote:
> I would like to know if anything related to configuration has been
> changed in 2.0 version when compared with 1.1.6

  Yes.  "radiusd -C" works.  It didn't in 1.1.6.

> Iam running radiusd -C command it throws the below error. Is it a valid
> error or I can ignore it.

  The LDAP module isn't checked when "radiusd -C" is used.  As a result,
it doesn't add the attributes it defines at run-time.  So, the attribute
type defaults to "octets".

  The solution is to add "ldap_primary-Ldap-Group" as a locally defined
"string" attribute.  See raddb/dictionary.  Use any available number, it
doesn't matter.