MySQL

Anthony McGarry agtmcgarry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:03:55 CET 2008

Thanks David, that worked.

Message: 6
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:46:16 +0000
From: "Anthony McGarry" <agtmcgarry at gmail.com>
Subject: MySQL
To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version 2.0.0. Installed and tested ok.
I want to integrate with MySQL.

However when I follow the procedure on the howto to create the radius db on
mysql I run into a problem.

The howto says to enter the following commands

mysql -uroot -p
 CREATE DATABASE radius;
 GRANT ALL ON radius.* TO radius at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "radpass";
 exit

This works fine and I can see the newly created db and user.

However then it tells me to run mysql.sql
cd /usr/share/doc/packages/freeradius/doc/examples/

mysql -uroot -p radius < mysql.sql

I have looked everywhere on my system for this file but it is not present.

I checked the tar for 2.0.0 and still no joy
I downloaded and checked the tar for 1.1.7 and its in the doc/example
folder.

Is there a new way of updating the radius db in MySQL or where can I
get the mysql.sql
 script for ver 2.0.0

Thanks

Anthony