Building FreeRadius 2.0 on Mac OS X fails

Info info at sparkmediagroup.com
Mon Jan 21 18:00:43 CET 2008

Walter,

I've overcome these problems on Tiger and offer these points in hopes
it works on Leopard as well:

1] in my experience, rlm_perl doesn't like apple's perl install -
haven't had the time to really figure out why, but installing my own
build (tested with threaded/shared and w/o threads/static versions)
of 5.8.8 and pointing to it does the trick. Once you've got your own
perl installed, add this in your ./configure flags :

PERL5LIB={your prefix}/lib/perl5/5.8.8/darwin-*

2] on linking to mysql, assuming you have a version 5.x.x install try :
--with-mysql-lib-dir={your prefix}/lib/mysql5/mysql
--with-mysql-include-dir={your prefix}/include/mysql5

Note, my installs of perl and mysql have been done via the macports
system, so you'll want to double-check your paths against what i've
shown here.

Hope this helps!

Jim

P.S.: Another important thing, freeradius' default configure is set
up to try to install all stable modules, but without strict
dependencies. So modules that aren't necessary for basic
functionality will fail (to build) silently if you're missing
libraries they need (including, unixodbc, postgresql, mysql, kerberos).

James H. Graham II, Creative Director • Spark Media Group
6511 Allegheny Avenue • Takoma Park, MD 20912-4737
Tel: 301.270.4810 • Fax: 301.270.4812 • www.sparkmediagroup.com