FreeRadius V2.0.0 Simultaneous-Use Problems

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Tue Jan 22 01:09:46 CET 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008 14:19:06 Dryw Paulic wrote:
> mysql> select * from radgroupcheck;
> +----+-----------+------------------+----+-------+
> | id | GroupName | Attribute        | op | Value |
> +----+-----------+------------------+----+-------+
> |  1 | dynamic   | Auth-Type        | == | Local |
> |  2 | static    | Auth-Type        | == | Local |

Don't do this.  The operator is incorrect as is nearly every use of Auth-Type.

> mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM radacct  WHERE username = 'Kat' AND
> acctstoptime = 0;
> mysql> select * from radacct where username ='Kat' \G;

What is shown when you use the full where clause from the previous command?
What version of MySQL are you using?  I just tried this with 5.0.48
and 'datefield = 0' does not match on datetime fields.

If you're using the V2.0.0 schema, that SQL query should be changed
to 'acctstoptime IS NULL'.  Try this from your SQL command line and see if it
gives the desired results for both connected and disconnected users.

Kevin Bonner