Blank spaces after username - problem with accounting -MySqldatabase.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 23 07:25:04 CET 2008

Marinko Tarlac wrote:
>>   a) the user has typed the user name with spaces
>>
> Yes. User has typed user name with space but why radius didn't ignore them?

  Why would it?  Spaces are perfectly valid in a user name.

> I repeat, user names and all other records in database are without
> space. User has entered space and he can connect but he can't see his
> accounting informations because they are connected with the same user
> but with space at the end.

  You keep repeating that.  Yes, I understand.  Yes, I have read your
messages.  I think it's clear you either haven't read my responses, or
that you haven't understood them.

  If "user with spaces" is given access, then it is very likely YOU that
configured the server to do that.  The default configuration does not
have this issue.  YOU BROKE THE SERVER.  Now go fix it.

  Stop complaining about the problem.  Stop repeated that "the users in
the database don't have spaces".  Stop trying to fix the accounting
records.  Stop blaming the server.

> Seems like I'm subscribed for a strange problems ... :)

  A large part of that is you're so stuck on talking about the problem
that you don't want to understand the cause, and you don't want to
implement the solution I posted in another message.