Debugging rlm_eap_sim module

Nilanjan Sarkar nilanjans at condornetworks.com
Wed Jan 23 08:14:28 CET 2008

Hi All,

I want to debug the shared library "rlm_eap_sim.so", when running with
"radiusd" [FreeRadius Server]. We are using gdb in Linux (2.6.9-5.ELsmp)
platform.

I have followed the following steps:
============================
1) $ gdb radiusd
2) (gdb)  file ../lib/rlm_eap_sim.so
[Since rlm_eap_sim.so symbols are not loaded still by radiusd, so gdb can
not find symbol]
3) (gdb) b rlm_eap_sim.c:371
Breakpoint 1 at 0x1159: file rlm_eap_sim.c, line 371.
4)(gdb) run -X
Starting program:
/home/nilanjan/imp_soft/freeradius-1.1.7/install2/lib/rlm_eap_sim.so -X
Breakpoint 1 at 0xf54159: file rlm_eap_sim.c, line 371.
warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint

0x00000002 in ?? ()

In this case, radiusd server exited abnormally. But if we run "$ radiusd
-X", it runs fine, and can do EAP-SIM authentication successfully.

If anyone has any solution, about how to debug dynamically loaded module in
"gdb" please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Nilanjan