NAS list update without restarting radius server.

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:20:54 CET 2008

Hey Alan,

On Jan 23, 2008 9:47 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> liran tal wrote:
> > Maybe freeradius can read the nas list from sql at startup to some
> > linked list and this list will be updated every given interval with a
> query
> > to the database.
>
>  It's more complicated than that.  The NASes need to be deleted, too.
> And this has to be done without affecting normal server operation.
>
>  As always, patches are welcome.

Well, every given interval a query will run on the database server to get
the
list of nases and it will build a new linked list based on that and delete
the other nodes and free the pointers of those.

I guess that coming up with a method to check against each nas if it's
there or not, and to remove or add it based on a check is do-able
but would probably face some efficiency issues where-as I think it
would be proper to create a new linked list with whatever nases that
query returns and free the previous linked list from memory.

I haven't had a look at the relevant code but it seems quite basic
to implement unless I'm over-seeing some critical aspects :-)

I'll be glad to take a look if you can refer me to the current piece
of code where freeradius handles the nas lists read from the database
and stores them.

Regards,
Liran Tal.