Authentication Problem with EAP-PEAP

Thierry CHICH thierry.chich at ac-clermont.fr
Wed Jan 23 14:31:33 CET 2008

Le mercredi 23 janvier 2008, debug afone a écrit :
> Hi Arran,
>
> Thanks for your response. How
> What can I do to match User-Name attribute and EAP Identity ?

I am very curious also to know thaht. I have asked a similar question a small
amount of time ago, but i was answer that there is a lot of answer about this
in the list.
I have to say that I have already tried two methods that don't work.

One time I have add

DEFAULT Realm =="exemple.com", Autz-Type := LDAP
      User-Name := "%{User-Name}"

in the users file. I have obtain 2 user-name, but bad luck, it is the bad one
that is use for accounting.

I am sorry to say that this problem is not very clear for people that don't
have all EAP protocol in mind.  I find freeradius very powerful, but it is
really easy to do bad things. As I said in my previous email, I have found a
lot of configurations published  that don't seem to do what people think they
are doing. This topic of the outer identity need to be clarified, I believe.
It would be very usefull to have a sample of configuration for which the
accounting is using the user-name provided by the inner identity.

Best regards,

--
Thierry CHICH
Equipe Réseaux / Rectorat de Clermont-Ferrand