one RADIUS server per realm setup

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 17:16:14 CET 2008

Hi,

>    1. Proxy authorization as well - it's not clear how to do this. Can you?
> I'd really just like to forward the entire request elsewhere, before
> anything else happens, so I'd like to check the realm FIRST, and not do
> anything if it's not a local realm.

yes, thats exactly what you do proxy stuff for - you'll define your
local realm, and null realm etc. you then define the realms and the
RADIUS server address for each of those realms. the requests
then get proxied to the remote systems.

its similar to what we do with eduroam in europe - and myself with
JRS (the 'UK side' of eduroam') - http://www.ja.net/roaming

>    I'm currently using freeradius 1.0.2, but I can upgrade if I need to.

definately upgrade -> 2.0.1  the proxy stuff is soo much better
(failovers, dead timers, status requests etc)

alan