IP Pool defined, but radius does not hand out an IP address.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 24 19:10:09 CET 2008

Andrew D Kirch wrote:
> When I connect a client to freeradius the client authenticates, gets an
> accept/accept, but does not get an IP address.  I've tried it with the
> Group and Pool-Name directives in each client's block, and I've tried it
> with them in a DEFAULT by themselves.  Neither has handed out an IP
> address.
> radius:/etc/freeradius# freeradius -v
> freeradius: FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.3, for host i486-pc-linux-gnu, built
> on Dec 16 2006 at 23:48:11

  You should upgrade to at least 1.1.6, maybe 2.0.1

  And with all of the information you posted, you didn't include the
most important, which is requested in the FAQ, README, INSTALL, "man"
page, and daily on this list: radiusd -X.

  Is there some other place in the documentation where this should be
suggested?