IP Pool defined, but radius does not hand out an IP address.

Andrew D Kirch trelane at trelane.net
Thu Jan 24 20:16:58 CET 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Andrew D Kirch wrote:
>
>> When I connect a client to freeradius the client authenticates, gets an
>> accept/accept, but does not get an IP address.  I've tried it with the
>> Group and Pool-Name directives in each client's block, and I've tried it
>> with them in a DEFAULT by themselves.  Neither has handed out an IP
>> address.

>> radius:/etc/freeradius# freeradius -v
>> freeradius: FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.3, for host i486-pc-linux-gnu, built
>> on Dec 16 2006 at 23:48:11
>>

>   You should upgrade to at least 1.1.6, maybe 2.0.1
>
>   And with all of the information you posted, you didn't include the
> most important, which is requested in the FAQ, README, INSTALL, "man"
> page, and daily on this list: radiusd -X.
>
>   Is there some other place in the documentation where this should be
> suggested?
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

You might try putting it at the top of radiusd.conf, everyone's
eventually going to see that.  Because I use Debian the others are
packaged and abstracted away.  I used the Freeradius wiki quite a bit as
well, and perhaps it could be more visible there too.  In fact I think
this might  be an honorable use of the <blink> element as I was able to
use the freeradius -X output to immediately debug my problem.  Thank you
for the help.

Andrew