one RADIUS server per realm setup

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 25 14:33:27 CET 2008

Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
>        #  Setting "Auth-Type = LDAP" is ALMOST ALWAYS WRONG.  We
>        #  really can't emphasize this enough.
>
> Uh. OK. That's exactly what I'm doing, and it's working :)

  Then it works.  It's fine.

  That message is for the majority of people who force LDAP to be used
for authentication, and the wonder why EAP doesn't work.

  Remember: LDAP is a database.  It's not an authentication server.

> However, is there a better way to do this that I'm not understanding?
> Why shouldn't I set Auth-Type := LDAP ?

  You probably don't need to set it.  If you simply deleted that from
the "users" file, your configuration would probably still work.