Creating rpm problem

Laurent RAYSSIGUIER l.rayssiguier at caplaser.fr
Sun Jan 27 09:14:09 CET 2008

Hello,

I have a problem to create a rpm of freeradius-server-2.0.1.
If i download tar.gz file and i try to create rpm, i've got this message :

[root at ldap1 ~]# rpmbuild -ta freeradius-server-2.0.1.tar.gz
error: File /root/freeradius-2.0.1.tar.gz: No such file or directory

Scripts have freeradius-2.0.1 instead of freeradius-server.
I don't knox how to correct this.

I'm work on CentOS 5, so I try to download Fedora 8 srp.rpm which is the closer than my operating system.
I can compile it but I had some errors when I install the resulting rpm files.

- An error on eap when executing postinstall script
- The /etc/init.d/freeradius file is an Suse Linux script and not a Redhat like script.

I had corrected the script and freeradius works well because I don't use eap, but is there a solution to compile rpms from tar.gz correctly ?

I don't find any solution on freeradius archive :-(

Best regards

Laurent