Issue reading from detail to sql (buffered-sql virtual server)

Nick Freeman nick.f at staff.ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 29 22:06:17 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get my detail file picked up by multiple virtual servers
and relayed to multiple PostgreSQL backends. The detail file writes
fine, however the detail reader will only ever write one entry to the
Postgres DB when it starts.

The config I have for the virtual server in question is below:

server local_logger {
        listen {
                type = detail
                filename = ${radacctdir}/detail
                load_factor = 20
        }
        preacct {
                preprocess
                acct_unique
                files
        }

        accounting {
                sql_logger1

I have verified that sql_logger1 isn't the problem, if I put that after
the detail directive in another virtual server data gets written to the
database every time. It looks like my local_logger never picks anything
up (except once on startup). Looking at server starting in debug mode I
see this:

listen {
        type = "detail"
  listen {
        filename = "/var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail"
        load_factor = 20

Is this normal? The listen directive is in the same format as the other
virtual servers but this is the only one which has nested listens in the
server startup.

Thanks in advance,

Nick