one RADIUS server per realm setup

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 30 10:45:33 CET 2008

Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:

> I'm not sure what the syntax rules for the authorize{} section of the
> config files are; I was unable to find any description in the docs of
> how one goes about figuring out how to write these conditional
> statements. What language is it?

$ man unlang

> It seems C-like, but only kindof. Did I
> miss this in the documentation? And the only way I could tell that I
> could use the variable "Realm" is because it was in the debugging output
> of freeradius. I couldn't find a list of available variables on the
> wiki, other than
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Run-time_variables#Conditional_syntax , which
> is very incomplete non self-explanatory.

  The variables are attributes in a RADIUS packet.  So there *is* no
complete list, because every site has different attributes.

> I'm just confused as to how I was supposed to figure all this out
> without doing what I did, which was bang my head against the wall for a
> long time. I kinda figured there was some default way I was supposed to
> be doing what I was doing, but I gave up and did what feels like a
> "hack" to me. Is it OK? Am I missing a clear place where all of this is
> described?

  The comments at the top of "radiusd.conf" say:

#	As of 2.0.0, FreeRADIUS supports a simple processing language
#	in the "authorize", "authenticate", "accounting", etc. sections.
#	See "man unlang" for details.