sql accounting - no records - 2.0.1

Andrew Long fursink at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:52:19 CET 2008

I've just installed 2.0.1 on CentOS 5 with MySQL 5.x. I can get the
clients to authenticate and I see accounting requests come in, also I
see the accounting query as it should be updated to mysql, i.e.,
"expand: UPDATE radacct...". I also see the accounting response
returned to the client, but no accounting records are being updated in
radacct table. There are no errors in debug mode relevent to mysql:

rlm_sql (sql): received Acct On/Off packet
        expand: %{Acct-Delay-Time} -> 0
        expand:           UPDATE radacct           SET
acctstoptime       =  '%S',              acctsessiontime    =
unix_timestamp('%S') -
unix_timestamp(acctstarttime),              acctterminatecause =
'%{Acct-Terminate-Cause}',              acctstopdelay      =
%{%{Acct-Delay-Time}:-0}           WHERE acctsessiontime =  0
 AND acctstoptime      =  NULL           AND nasipaddress      =
'%{NAS-IP-Address}'           AND acctstarttime     <= '%S' ->
  UPDATE radacct           SET              acctstoptime       =
'2008-01-30 07:45:06',              acctsessiontime    =
unix_timestamp('2008-01-30 07:45:06') -
    unix_timestamp(acctstarttime),              acctterminatecause =
'',              acctstopdelay      =  0           WHERE
acctsessiontime =  0           AND acctstoptime      =  NULL
AND nasipaddress      =  '141.xxx.xxx.xxx'           AND acctstarttime
    <= '2008-01-30 07:45:06'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 2
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 2
++[sql] returns ok
        expand: %{User-Name} -> elmaroma_cn3000
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 12
++[attr_filter.accounting_response] returns updated
Sending Accounting-Response of id 33 to 141.xxx.xxx.xxx port 1025

I have tried this with 2 different clients and get the same NULL
result. Authentication is fine, but any features relying on data in
radacct clearly won't work, ie session-timout...

I've checked the "default" config, and all accounting is set to sql.
The one oddity I notice is that "default" has:
	#  See "Accounting queries" in sql.conf
	sql

But I can see no accounting queries anywhere in the provided sql.conf ??

Thank You.

Andrew Long
EWS Solutions