Setting radiusd user/cert permissions in Mac OSX

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 30 21:14:57 CET 2008

You could, as an account with sudo privs (administrator), from Terminal,
type:

sudo chown nobody /opt/local/etc/raddb/certs/server.pem

or

sudo chown -R nobody /opt/local/etc/raddb

to change the ownership of that entire directory to nobody.

HOWEVER:

Nobody is not a secure system account. I would set up a new account for
freeradius and have the server run under that, and set permissions on
those files/folders for only that user. Letting the nobody user read
those files might not be a good idea.

    -Josiah