Using OTP authentication with Freeradius 2

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 2 20:33:54 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 17:15 +0100, Ivan Kalik wrote:

> How sure are you that your auth script works?

I'm not using a script. Under 1.1.7 at least, when "otp" is invoked, it
communicates with otpd using a socket. This is known as the "rendezvous
point" and is specified in otpd.conf as "otpd_rp
= /var/run/otpd/socket". This is documented in the config file comments
for 2.0.5, so I assume it is supposed to work the same way.

I am sure that otpd is working, because the "otpauth" program that comes
with otpd, and bypasses freeradius to communicate directly with otpd via
the socket, is working fine.

--Greg