freeradius 2.0.5 problem

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 20:23:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Mikrotik Router > freeradius server > Mysql Server
>
> From time to time (Maybe once in 4-5 days) i get this error repeated for
> many many times:

your MySQL is too slow to respond to the requests -
check your SQL queries and see how you can optimise them.
I've been able to go from queries that look up many
thousands of lines to just a single index query.
change your MySQL engine to InnoDB - or
even better, move to postgresql instead. these
event happen when a table gets eventually too
large for the basic MySQL settings to cope. think
about deleting old records etc.  i

alan