questions about dictionary and unlang?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 7 12:10:20 CEST 2008

Niki G. Petrov wrote:
> Plaese help me! If I create a new my attribute in raddb/dictionary with
> number in 3000-4000 and when I write  him in  attribute  for user in
> users file, all is OK but I can't see him in Access-Request.

  Because RADIUS attributes are numbered from 1 to 256.  If you want to
create your own RADIUS attribute that goes into a packet, create a VSA.
 See the vendor dictionaries for examples.

> Secondary:
> How can I use him (my new attribute from raddb/dictionary), in example:
> if it is not persist in  user Access-Request, then this user is
> Rejected, if persist then Acept. I make do that:
>
> (in users file)
> ..
> if (My-Attribute = "somthing like") { DEFAULT Fall-Through = no} else
> {Fall-Through = yes}

  Huh?  You're putting "unlang" statements into the "users" file?  Why?

  See "man users" and the documentation in the comments of the "users"
file for the proper format of the "users" file.  Do NOT put "unlang"
statements into the "users" file.

  "unlang" statements go into the authorize/authenticate/etc. section of
the server configuration files.  e.g. /raddb/sites-available/default