about "freeradius accepts anybody"

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Thu Jul 10 20:23:57 CEST 2008

> If I don't put Cleartext-Password := "" field (""!!!), the user always be rejected. Can anybody to explain this?            I haven't tried with some password, because results me ridiculous, I haven't configure any password for clients...

Let's put that to the test. Put the username that you want to test on
the very first line of users file. Just username, nothing else as check
or reply and a blank row after. And post the debug of that user being
rejected.

You are saying that you have to have some kind of password or something
else configured for the user. I'm telling you that you don't: just
usernames separated by blank rows. Totally trivial entries that only
prevent users file being read down to the Auth-Type Reject line.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP