Radius

Kwok Sianbin sianbin_kwok at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 12:49:28 CEST 2008

Hi Ivan,

Here I want to ask for your advise. I have a server with two ethernets connection.

Internet ------- [eth1] (DNS, DHCP server, Radius Server) Red Hat [eth0] ----- Wifi (Client)

If I plugin XP to eth0 (network line), the server will assign an IP
address to that computer and immediately able to connect to internet
(iptables redirect traffic to eth1).

then I try to authenticate the wifi client I wonder why the
NAS-IP-Address always show 0.0.0.0 but when I run radtest on terminal
server it shows IP address..

# radtest MarsNet 000 localhost 0 testing123

         User-Name   = MarsNet

         User-Password  = 000

         NAS-IP-Address  = 192.168.1.10 ( server IP address)

         NAS-Port = 0

#

I guess this might be the problem causing the client fail to connect to
server. (Client never connected but instead showing "acquiring network
address")

Further for testing purpose if I want to switch the incoming authentication through eth1, which ports shall I open?

In previous email you were mention about client attribute fail. How to fix it?