How to configure FreeRadius so that clients don't have to be changed?

DaSilva Edwinem_von_Forresterra at web.de
Wed Jul 16 13:06:06 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:37 PM, DaSilva
<Edwinem_von_Forresterra at web.de> wrote:

> Alan DeKok-4 wrote:
>>
>> DaSilva wrote:
>>> I want to set up a FreeRadius server for WLAN authentification without
>>> the
>>> need to change anything on client PCs (because we have so much clients
>>> that
>>> this would be to much work).
>>> Is that possible?
>>
>>   No.
>>
>>   It's like asking "how do I make the PC be a web server... but I don't
>> want to install a web server".
>>
>>   You have to configure WLAN authentication on the clients in order for
>> WLAN authentication to work.
>>
>>   Alan DeKok.
>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
>>

> And is it possible to do this automatically via remote or something else?
> --

I believe you misunderstood me. We have many APs which all have their own
access list, MAC addresses etc. and we want to use a RADIUS server to do
this for all APs. So that we have a global station where we can change
something for all APs in our AD. I don't mean authentification via WPA and
TLS or something like this. So how can I do this or where can I find a
tutorial / howto for this?