avoid accounting of identical requests

Raffael Himmelreich raffi at raffi.at
Fri Jul 18 23:44:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

we're encountering that our radius clients - who don't send anything but
access requests and session stop packets with accounting info -
repeatedly
send the same accounting stop request multiple times.

We tried to filter those requests with increasing both the cleanup_delay
and max_requests configuration settings, but were not really successful.

Looks like the cleanup_delay counter is not effective per request's
unique id but for all requests received so far. Are we misinterpreting
the
cleanup_delay setting?

Is there any fast and reliable method built into freeradius to reject
multiple identical accounting requests, or do you have any better
suggestions?

freeradius: FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.4, for host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
(Debian package)

Thanks a lot